Preparation prior to Membrane Element Loading
For a new system, the following items should be inspected prior to element loading:
1) Glycerin for lubrication, fixed tools, waterproof rubber shoes, gloves and other protective equipment are ready for use;
2) All tables and charts for recording element location, date for commissioning and operation are fully prepared;
3) All pre-treatment device (quartz sand filter or activated carbon filter) has been flushed with clean water, SDI <5;
4) Ensure the feed water pipeline upstream of the RO membrane do not have any sludge, oil, metal debris, etc., and al the pipes, vessels, and high-pressue pipings have been flushed;
5) Make sure the pretreatment system runs properly, its permeate SDI, turbidity, residual chlorine, temperature, pH, ORP, etc, can meet the feed water requirement of RO element;
6) A clean filter cartridge has been installed inside the security filter piror to high-pressure pump .
1) Take out first element carefully from the package, record its serial number, ensure the Y-seal (brine seal) is in correct position and direction (the Y-seal opens in the flow direction), Lubricate the internal wall of central pipe of the element with glycerin;
2) From the feed side of vessel to load element, push horizontally the end without Y-seal of the element into pressure vessel, until 1/5 (20cm) of element length left outside. Lubricate the Y-seal and interconnector O-rings with thin layer of glycerin, and insert interconnector in the central pipe of first element.
3) Take out next element, and inspect the position and direction of Y-seal, lubricate the internal wall of central pipe of next element with glycerin. Fastenthe first element to prevent it from being pushed into the pressure vessel, lift up next element horizontally, insert the other end of the interconnector of first element in the central pipe of next element, and push the two elements into pressure vessel until 1/5 (20cm) of next element length left outside, Lubricate the Y-seal and interconnector O-rings with thin layer of glycerin, and insert interconnector in the central pipe of next element.
Caution: Ensure the weight of the element is not supported by the interconnector by keeping the interconnector and the central pipe in parallel.
4) Repeat above steps with all other elements, do not insert interconnector in the central pipe of last element.
5) Reture to permeate side of pressure vessel, install the thrust ring and sealing assembly of end plate at permeate side.
6) Reture to feed side of pressure vessel, push the element completely inside the pressure vessel, until the sealing assembly of end plate at permeate side fully connects with first element, then install the sealing assembly of end plate at pressure vessel feed side .
7) Repeat the above steps with all other pressure vessels.
8) After all elements have been installed in all pressure vessels, install the outside pipes for feed、brine water and permeate.
1) First dismantle the external piping connected to both ends of pressure vessel, then dismantle the end plate sealing assembly at both ends of the pressure vessel, number all the dismantled parts, and keep them in orderly place.
2) Push the membrane element one by one from the feed side of pressure vessel. Caution: Only one element is allowed to be pushed out at one time.
When the element is pushed out of the pressure vessel, supporting the element and keeping it in horizontal, to prevent the center pipe interconnector from being damaged owing to gravity. Properly rotate the element to make it separate from the central pipe connector.